f Heaven: Glenda and Gloria

Heaven

Daisypath Ticker

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Glenda and Gloria

Last Monday, work in govt offices and classes in all levels were suspended due to the typhoon Glenda, coincidentally, t'was also the day the 6th SONA of President Gloria was delivered.

I must say, the SONA sounded and looked different. One thing many would agree on is that it was a very POSITIVE and LIGHT approach that worked very well for PGMA. In my opinion, the opposition also got struck with the presentation where all they have to say was: "All she said were unrealistic plans and unrealized accomplishments." If only the increase in economic chuva figures will be felt by the Filipinos then maybe they would have a change of heart.

Going back, Monday work was suspended for govt offices... and guess where I was while the storm ravaged the country? I was working! My ex-officemates would text me: "Lumipat ka pa kasi eh". The night before, my sister also texted me before going to sleep (magkatabi pa kami niyan sa bed ah): "Pa'nu ba yan gisingin na lang kita ng 5am?" Nakakainis na nakakatawa!

When I was a Guidance Counselor before, I enjoyed the work suspensions brought by Typhoons or Storms because if DECS would declare suspension of classes the teaching staff will have their vacation too. When I transferred to LRTA (govt office), I missed being a Guidance Counselor and the "perks" that come with being one, but later on Presidential Proclamations on work suspensions came to our rescue during lazy daisy days! Now, I belong to a private company, seems serious work is the name of the game... though the Management announced that we could go home at 2:30pm, we have work to finish until 4pm. Huhuhu!

Seems, I can't find contentment anywhere I go. On the other had, if I were content then I wouldn't dream of bigger things that may come my way.

Kris Aquino once said: "The greatest lesson I've learned about life is... you can't have it all!"

Well I guess I'll just have to make the best out of my life and wish that it is the path God has drawn for me to take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home