f Heaven: Our First Divi Trip

Heaven

Daisypath Ticker

Monday, July 18, 2005

Our First Divi Trip

We're supposed to go to Divi last Saturday, but because the night before I had a gimmick with my friends, Manuel opted to let me have enough sleep. Instead, we just had dinner at Robinson's Galleria.

Next day, Sunday, our first stop was to book our caterer! It was a short meeting with the owner, finalized the menu, talked about the motiff etc. They promised to fax us the contract the following week!

We stopped over at Robinson's Place Manila, had donuts and bought magazines.

Off we went to Divi. This is the first time for both of us to go to Divisoria on our own! Usually, Manuel goes to Tutuban for field works. While I only shop in Divi during the Christmas season with my cousin Miko to lead us in the best places to buy gifts!

It was quite an adventure I should say! First, was the hunt for a parking space. Second the horrible traffic - to think it was Sunday! Third, we don't know exactly where we're going - and men really have a problem with asking directions! So I relied on my instincts... the last time I was there we were out in search of a wedding gown for my cousin Miko 4 years ago! At last, we found it!

When we entered the building (I guess its along Tabora) , I held the hand of Manuel coz I was overwhelmed by all the salesladies trying to get our attention with their stuff! Manuel even had to walk in front of me, to prevent the salesladies from harassing me! Hahaha! We came upon a store where the people seemed honest and accommodating. The lady asked us questions like: when's the wedding, motiff, etc. She even handed us a catalogue of wedding gowns so I'd have an idea of my dream wedding gown. Actually, beacause of the so many beautiful choices in the catalogue - I almost had a headache! To make the long story short - I just told them that I already have a design though I left it at home! Manuel also liked a barong they were offering - inexpensive but elegant! Now at least we have an idea just about how much its going to cost us for the entourage outfits...

We went to the Tutuban Mall and 168 Mall, and bought a gift for our inaanak Igoy.

Afterwards, we went to Quiapo for Vienna Cakes. The cakes they were offering are really magnificent - just imagine the price tag of a 4-tierred fondant cake *$@#!*&!*! Next stop - Goldilocks, Red Ribbon or Merced!

Since Manuel's already hungry, we stopped for a merienda-lunch at Pares Mami House along Espana. As usual, gluttony na naman kami!

Talk to the members of the entou to finalize the invitations... contract signing with caterer... marriage license next....

Then on our way home, Manuel said:

"Be, grabe, ang dami pa pala nating aayusin!"

I replied (in my thoughts):

"Men...."

4 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger dionne said…

    mahal ang vienna? kala ko mura, as per metro mag. hmmm... was thinking of going there sana. anyway, ano gagawin ko sa wedding mo? =D

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Cri-c and Jun said…

    dionne... candle sponsor po.. partner kau ni byron!

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Heidi said…

    hi, i'm Heidi (a fellow bride-to-be) I was browsing through different blogsites (I got yours through Mec&Jojo's) and I read your divi trip post. Buti pa kayo... nakaka-start na ng preps kami siguro sa October pa kasi dun lang kami magkakaron ng time! Anyway, hope I could be your friend. Like I told Mec, I think it helps to have a fellow bride-to-be to talk to once in a while.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Mec said…

    ganda

    commercial :)

    i posted suggestions na din for an enchanted wedding theme sa w@w... check the archives na lang din, was taling w/ emmacks then :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home