f Heaven: Pamamanhikan ng mga De Leon

Heaven

Daisypath Ticker

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Pamamanhikan ng mga De Leon

De Leon? I really can't believe, in a few months time I'm going to be Mrs. De Leon na!!!

So there we were, last June 11 , 2005 Mommy Nena, his brother Ferdi and Manuel went to our house to formally asky not just my mom but my whole family for my hand in marriage! I was so touched coz in very short notice my whole family was there to witness the first ever pamamanhikan in our generation! My lola and mom welcomed his family, while I stood on some place where I won't be noticed. Without any rational explanation, I feel uneasy or should I say .. windang!

As usual, the date of the wedding was finalized .. December 1, 2005 (wala na talaga atang urungan!) and it will be at the Paco Park. My ever loving Mom even told my future mother-in-law, that I don't know any housechores! Salamat Mama! But according to her, she only said that so Mommy Nena wouldn't have to expect anything from me. My Mommy Nena replied that she would teach me and Manuel all we have to learn to run a decent home. Jealousy was also a topic, and surely Trust, Love and Respect are the very foundations of a lasting and happy marriage. They brought lots and lots of food (pics to follow), grabe! Lechon Kawali, Kalderetang Baka, Pancit Canton/Bihon, Sweet and Sour Giant Lapu-Lapu, Macaroni Salad! I added Roasted Chicken and my Tita Idang brought home-made gelatin (yum!yum!)! Just imagine the calories and pounds I gained in just one sitting!

Turned out, the long awaited meeting of our folks was successful. I also felt that my Mom is now slowly swallowing the truth that her eldest daughter is getting married soon. Kayanin sana ng powers namin ito Lord! 5 months to go!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger dionne said…

    OMG! ang saya! i'm sooo happy for you! aba kilos na! wag mo kaming ngangaragin ah. =P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home