f Heaven: Buking! But I was Moved!

Heaven

Daisypath Ticker

Monday, April 18, 2005

Buking! But I was Moved!

Mama doesn't know yet about the serious wed preps! All she knows is we're PLANNING to have the wedding in December of this year.. yun lang! Teltel has yet to make the pamamanhikan pa, so wed preps are on hold. No worries coz the date, church and venue have already been reserved.

Going back...I was buking nga! My mom asked me to compose a letter to Mayor for a cousin who's asking my assistance, so her child can transfer to a city school. That school requires a recommendation coming from the Mayor's Office! Mama is actually asking me to sign in that letter asking for that recommendation! She even said that Mayor would be most glad to accommodate the request coz he still owes me the scholarship he promised me way back 2000 - part of my prize.. in a contest you wouldn't want to know! Composing the letter is easy, but to ask Mayor AGAIN for another favor is something else! Aaaah!

So I told my Mom the truth:

Our phone conversation went...
Cri-c: Ma, may sasabihin ako sau...
Mama: Anu yun?
Cri-c: Kasi mejo nahihiya na me kay Mayor eh.
Mama: Bakit naman, matutuwa pa nga yun, tsaka its one way to remind him of the scholarship he still owes you <---- oh nooohhh
Cri-c: Sumulat kc Ma ako sa kanya, to ask him to be our Principal Sponsor sa wedding and endorsement so we can get discount sa rental ng venue! And pumayag siya!
Mama: Talaga! <---genuine glad, Naku edi kelangan paghandaan talaga yan!
Cri-c: Ay naku Ma, ayoko ng umasa dahil politics lang un! Gusto ko lang talaga endorsement niya para makatipid!
Mama: You can never tell. <--concerned tone
Cri-c: In my thoughts...Puede ba ako tumambling!?

I was touched.. my mom is actually concerned about my wed preps! I don't actually expect her to fully support me at this stage coz the pamamahikan has not taken place.. yet. Whenever I talk about wedding preparations or show off my latest wed magazines or talk anything about weddings, she would grumble "bakit namanhikan na ba?". I know Mama, hindi pa. Before, it was hurting coz I felt she really doesn't care about my feelings, or she doesn't like Manuel for my hubby. Or maybe she's just scared of the thought of me having a life of my own - away from her, that a man she barely knows is taking away her precious eldest daughter. Whatever her reasons are, I give her space and time - its her first time to handle a situation like this anyway!

Another revelation happened yesterday, when we were at our house in Project 4, getting ready to move in our mini-mansion! It looks like a big house from the outside but, is actually composed of a main house and 2 studio-type room rentables! I asked her if we can place the double-deck bed in the 2nd floor room where she and Kia will be sharing. At first, she argued that a master's bedroom shouldn't have a double-deck bed! Then afterwards, she said it's okay since there was really no space to put the big bed anywhere in the house. So I told her: "Ma, don't worry, aalis na rin naman ako." as if saying, if I leave the house you'll have more space to yourself. My mom replied:" Dito ka na lang tumira." My heart melted! I really felt loved.

I love you too Mama! And I'll devote all my life to making you proud!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger dionne said…

    awww. i'm sooo happy for you sis!

    siguro scared lang si mama mo na you're going to lead a grown up life na. i'm sure everything will turn out well for you. =)

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Beej said…

    yup! fully agree with dyoni.
    =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home